Monday 27 November 2017

Critical Reflection

Over the course of the module, there were numerous opportunities that allowed me to practice on my writing skills. The goal I initially had at the start of the course was to become more proficient in both writing and speaking. With the time spent on writing and editing my reader respond, technical report, and reports from other modules, I was able to put into practice what was learnt from this module.

Simply writing out a report is not sufficient, there is a need for further revise and improve on it. When I wrote reports in the past, I usually leave the first draft as the final submission, causing the report to have many flaws and not as well received as I had hoped it were be. A better understanding on my grammar control and sentence structure have helped in making amendments to my reports. One method that helped me to get a better grasp of the English language is reading online discussions and articles.

As for my capabilities in speaking, the main issue I had was regarding being able to project my voice. During our rehearsal for the oral presentation, I had to continuously practice for my part. The feedback received from my peers during the mock presentation also contributed to identifying which areas I lacked in. Despite being selected for the presentation showcase, I believe that there are still many aspects that I can improve on for my own presentation skills.

Overall, I believe that this module has helped me in brushing up in my writing and speaking skills, which were my goals for this module.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this reflection. I appreciate that you addressed the goals you set at the start of the module. Best of luck, Casey, as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete